Rio Olympics 2016: Charlotte Dujardin wins GB individual dressage gold

Team GB prance to another gold medal with victory in the dressage

"It is absolutely incredible".

A lot of Twitter found her dive pretty relatable. Her partner, Dean Wyatt Golding, proposed to her during the London 2012 Games, "and I said yes", she said today.

The 31-year-old Manxman, 30 times a Tour de France stage victor, was third entering into the second day of racing for the last two disciplines of the event. It was just magical.

"It's a massive team and one that really wants to win and it's quite emotional, especially for me".

"It's always disappointing not to win, but I did all I could, so yes, I'm happy".

"Everything just happened. It felt so effortless and easy and he tried so hard". I know I've done my best and he's done his.

But so much depends on the right horse with Dujardin admitting replacing Valegro was a tall order. The pair had scored 90.089 at their last Olympics in London, and 94s at London Olympia and the World Cup Finals in Las Vegas a year ago.

Charlotte Dujardin trotted to gold in the dressage.

The horse is co-owned by Hester, Roly Luard and Ann Barrott, and Dujardin added: "I went in there to enjoy it and give everything". "I have already got a ring on my finger, the wally!" It's fine - they are the best. "We were all around the kitchen table with the television on and I can't tell you, it was unbelievable".

As promised, prior to the Freestyle Dujardin made the trek to see Christ the Redeemer, the famous statue which looms over Rio.

Dujardin's day got more emotional when her fiance held up a banner saying "Will you marry me now?" to the cameras. "I still got on my knees and prayed - maybe that helped".

"It is on the cards for retirement for Valegro".

"I feel I couldn't have done anymore", Dujardin said.

"We knew coming here to Rio that the racing wasn't going to be easy". I'm probably not going to do another massive Championship with him. I love him to bits @JasonKenny107!

"If you write down what he's achieved, you would read it and not think it's possible".

The 25-year-old threw 74.54m with her last effort to propel herself on to the podium and win Great Britain's first hammer medal since 1924.

He said: "When he came on the team just before Beijing back in 2008 we knew we had a very special addition to the team".

Germany's Isabell Werth took silver with an 89.

Here in the heart of the Latin America's biggest military zone "Vila Militar", the 18 riders honoured Xenaphon's prophetic guidance - "Anything forced or misunderstood, can never be beautiful" - as the horses worked wonderfully in tandem with their riders.

"I remember in April, I couldn't expect that she would go to Rio".

The latest victories sweep the engaged couple's gold medal tally into double figures - with the pair now able to boast 10 between them.

And there was more for British fans to celebrate as Ouseph made the last eight of the men's singles competition, edging Indonesia's Asian champion Tommy Sugiarto 21-13 14-21 21-16. "In the end, it was really a great show for me; a great Olympic Games". Another German rider, Kristina Broring-Sprehe, took the bronze medal.

Many of us expected gymnastics wunderkind Biles to make a clean sweep of five gold medals, but in a shock turn of event she placed third in her fourth event. "It was a wonderful dream come true".

"How many horses can do that time and time again", she said.

Related news:

Hot News

Donald Trump's Campaign Manager Says Apology Message Was His Decision
Aug 20, 2016 - 04:03
Paul is a true professional and I wish him the greatest success", Trump said . "I have done that", Trump said . Conway has advised other Republicans on how to reach out to women with more tailored campaign messages.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top GOP leaders hopeful Trump staff shake-up triggers new momentum
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:13
And Bannon stands pretty much alone in continuing to think that foisting Sarah Palin onto the voting public was a good idea. And we - you know, you need people ready for battle, at least willing to leave it all on the field".

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Amnesty Charged With Sedition Over Kashmir Event
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:12
Reports said some Kashmiri students started raising "anti-India" slogans after a participant praised the Indian army. On Tuesday , Siddaramaiah had said nobody would be spared if they indulge in anti-national activity.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Maharashtra : SC issues notice on petition challenging cattle meat possession as illegal
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:10
We have heard Lord Krishna stealing makhan but we have not heard the Lord performing acrobatics", it said. The court should have heard the dahi handi mandals before delivering the verdict.

Clark County confirms first case of Zika virus
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:09
In this way, every sample can be closely monitored and tracked once they are sent to state labs in Tampa and Jacksonville. Over the past few months, Broward also has purchased more mosquito control equipment and trained more staff, Ton said.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top A-level results: everything you need to know about clearing
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:08
There are expected to be more university places available this year, with suggestions of a "buyer's market". There was also an increase in the number of students choosing business studies.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Scattered storms and humid through the weekend
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:06
Clouds will continue to build for Wednesday afternoon with a slight (25%) chance for showers and thundershowers by mid-afternoon. Just search VNLWeather on the app store! It will stay mild and humid with temperatures falling through the 70s.

Walsh Jennings, Ross fall to Brazil in beach volleyball semis
Aug 19, 2016 - 01:06
That approach made it impossible for the United States to overcome any deficit, regardless of how small it might have been. After the final point, the two Americans hugged and then walked to the net and shook hands with the winners.

Murray wins 2nd straight men's singles Olympic gold medal
Aug 18, 2016 - 00:42
He ended with 10 aces and 46 crunching winners while del Potro smashed 39 winners but was undone by 57 unforced errors. The tennis coach explained her absence, saying: "Well I don't go so much nowadays.

Iran acknowledges Russian Federation using its air base to strike Syria
Aug 18, 2016 - 00:39
On Tuesday, almost 20 civilians were reported killed in airstrikes in eastern districts. Al Jazeera's Reza Sayah reports from Gaziantep on the Turkey-Syria border.

Staying ahead of the mold, residents salvage what they can
Aug 18, 2016 - 00:39
The federal disaster declaration triggers assistance for those whose homes and businesses have been damaged or displaced. Rivers and creeks were still dangerously bloated south of Baton Rouge as water drained toward the Gulf of Mexico.

Airstrike hits aid group's hospital in northern Yemen
Aug 17, 2016 - 01:55
MSF said more than 4,600 patients had been treated at the Abs hospital since MSF began supporting the facility in July 2015. Amnesty International said the incident was an "atrocious attack that could amount to a war crime".

Google's Upcoming Devices May Lose the Nexus Nomenclature
Aug 17, 2016 - 01:51
The Nexus devices are expected to release this fall, with one publication claiming October 4th , specifically, will be the date. Code-named the Marlin and the Sailfish , the new pair of Nexus device have this time been spotted on the FCC certification.

isis-killer-beheading-video-story-top Argentina, Spain aging but not done yet in men's basketball
Aug 17, 2016 - 01:51
Spain had lost its first two games and was in danger of an ignominious departure after two straight Olympic silver medals. Team USA has advanced to the quarterfinals in the 2016 Rio Olympics where it will play Argentina on Wednesday evening.

Russian Federation may cut the number of cosmonauts on the ISS
Aug 17, 2016 - 01:51
And Russia has managed its own crew of three cosmonauts on the ISS since 2010, according to the Planetary Society . NASA maintains a three-person crew, which often includes an astronaut from one of the agency's global partners.